What is RPAC?
Why should I contribute to RPAC?
RPAC is the muscle behind NAR, GAR and your local association. By pooling the resources of over 400,000 politically active REALTORS® nationwide, RPAC allows REALTORS® to maximize their impact on public policy by working to elect pro-REALTOR® candidates. Recent legislative and regulatory successes include:
- The continued preservation of the mortgage interest deduction.
- Tax relief benefiting the real estate industry.
- Prohibiting banks from engaging in real estate brokerage activities.
- Eliminating burdensome regulations inhibiting environmental quality and healthy real estate markets.
- Passing the $8,000 federal first-time homebuyer and $1,800 state homebuyer tax credits.
- Protecting property rights in Georgia by passing the strongest eminent domain legislation in the nation.
- Defeating a 100% increase in the real estate transfer tax.
How will my contribution be used?
100% of your contribution is used to elect pro-REALTOR® candidates: 70% remains in the state to be used in state and local elections. 30% of your contribution will be forwarded to National RPAC to fund key U.S. House and Senate races. RPAC is neither a Republican nor a Democratic organization. Your contribution to RPAC is a vote for a pro-REALTOR® Congress, General Assembly and local delegation regardless of political party.
As REALTORS®, we simply cannot afford to place our fate in the hands of those who do not have our best interests in mind.
RPAC gives REALTORS® a seat at the table. In politics if you are not at the table….you are on the menu!
GARPAC contributions are voluntary and are used for political purposes. Contributions are not deductible for Federal Income Tax purposes. The Association will not favor or disadvantage anyone by reason of the amount of their contribution, and you may refuse to contribute without reprisal by the Association. Seventy percent of each contribution is split between Georgia RPAC to support state and local political candidates and Georgia RIAC for issues mobilization and education. Thirty percent is sent to National RPAC to support Federal candidates and is charged against your limits under 2 U.S.C. 441a.